Re: [T3] generator overhaul

On 3 Feb 2002, at 2:21, jadabrez wrote:

> im overhauling my generator.  how do you regrease the
> bearings?  you are supposed to open 'em up right?  how
> do you do this without damaging them?

You really shouldn't try to regrease them. Just spin the armature
with one hand while you let the weight of the armature rest on the
other thru one of the bearings. If that bearing is bad you will feel it
as rough and you should replace it. If it is smooth, leave it alone.

I usually replace both bearing if one is bad. I buy sealed bearings
as replacements and these seem to last longer than the originals,
which actually last a very long time.