Re: [T3] '69 to '68 rear window defroster

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I was assuming 12V at the heater - do you get as much as 14.1V there when
running with old wiring?  I've never bothered to measure it.   I just used
V-squared x R, which gives 14 Watts for 12V and 10 ohms.  Good enough for a
working value as most are much higher resistance than that now.  Never got
near enough to a new one to know it was only 45Watts, hence the admission of
a guess on that.

The easy improvement is to put a small 12V computer fan on the shelf and
blow air at it, using the HRW wiring/switch to work it.  If you need heat
too, a small coil of nichrome wire could add a bit of heat - don't want it
red-hot though, for safety.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/