Re: [T3] bye-bye XZX (really)

Some time ago, I checked the web sites of a lot of tire manufacturers and made
this list which I sent to the list. I'll forward it again. Personally, I have
Hankook 165R15 tires on my car, and am very pleased with them. Below is the mail I
wrote back then, this was in September last year.

PerL
73 Variant L

Volks,

I've searched through a few sites for tires in sizes 165R15 or
165/80R15, but they are few and far between. I have checked Continental,
Michelin (including vintage section), General Tire, Uniroyal, Pirelli,
Bridgestone, Goodyear, Marshal, Kumho, Sumitomo without any results. I
have not searched BFG's site as it is mostly PDF's, and I have not
checked out winter tires.

The tires that I have found are from Nokian, Coker, Firestone, Dunlop,
Kelly, Hankook:

Nokian Rollster (no link)

Coker Tire has some models, these are reproductions of old tire models
from manufacturers as BFG, Michelin etc. Have a look at these links:
http://www.cokertire.com/SizeView.asp?Size=165R15
http://www.cokertire.com/SizeView.asp?Size=60015

Firestone F-560
http://www.bridgestone-usa.com/products/FsF560.htm

Dunlop SP 20
http://www.dunloptire.com/products/tire.html?tire=sp_20_metric

Kelly Metric (All Season)
http://www.kelly-springfield.com/products/auto/kelm.html

Hankook 880 (155R15 - Beetle size!)
http://www.hankooktire.co.kr/hantax/english/tire_product/tire/pcr/880.htm

Hankook K702
http://www.hankooktire.co.kr/hantax/english/tire_product/tire/pcr/k702.htm

Hankook Opti
http://www.hankooktire.co.kr/hantax/english/tire_product/tire/pcr/opti.htm

Hankook W401 (studded winter tire)
http://www.hankooktire.co.kr/hantax/english/tire_product/tire/pcr/w401.htm

It looks like we should make friends with Hankook, as they have no less
than 4 styles to choose from in our dimension, including 1 winter tire.
I have good experience with different Hankook tires, both on my Variant
and my daily driver Audi, where I currently got 225/45R17 Hankook Ventus
tires.