Re: [T3] type 4 brain or type 3?

On 31 Jan 2002, at 20:23, Micah wrote:

> Okay, I have one person telling me it is not the correct brain for my 74,
> and another telling me it is the right one.

You have a 74 type 4. Unless it is a 2-door fastback with manual
transmission, your car came with L-Jetronic FI. Some of what you have
posted indicates that you have some L-Jetronic parts which are no longer
connected, mixed in with some unknown assortment, except for the 022E
brain, of D-jetronic parts. There are no common parts that I know of between
L-Jetronic and D-Jetronic systems.

Given the information that we have, my best guess is that your engine has
been converted from L-Jetronic to D-Jetronic by some previous owner. Since
we don't know what he or she had in mind, there is no way that we can tell
you whether the 022E brain is correct for the rest of the parts that you have.

All we can tell you is that this brain did not come with your car, unless your
type 4 is a 2-door with manual transmission.