[T3] Late model Rust Repair

<x-flowed>I recently looked at a '71 Squareback that was (at first glance) in really
nice original condition.  The interior was flawless and the pans, channels,
and rockers were in great shape.  However, this car had some major
rust-through into the front compartment, along the sides.  I've since
learned that later models are especially prone to rusting here when those
drains get clogged.  The guy wanted a very fair price for the car, and I
could probably talk him down more, but I don't know how bad of a problem
this rust actually is.  Is it something that could be repaired with bondo
(sorry) as a "stop-gap measure" just to make the car a bit more presentable?

Thanks,
Joe

</x-flowed>