Re: [T3] Molding clips

On 30 Dec 2002 at 11:24, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> Is there a way to remove the side molding clips with out damaging them?  I
> have some extra ones on a fender that I need to transfer to my Square but
> can't seem to remove them.  These are the clips that hold the side chrome
> molding on.

The nylon clips have a center plug that spreads the feet so the clips won't
pull out. If you're working on a panel that you have rear access to, you can
just push the plugs out and then remove the clips. Once you recover the plugs
you can push them back in part way from the outside face, and push them the
rest of the way once you've reinstalled them.