[T3] Rear vent drain

Happy New Year All!

I put my car back together today, after welding up all of the rust behind
the rear air vent. I knew that the drain tube was also rusted through,
because when I squirted some water down the vents it dripped out inside the
boot.

I found a piece of plastic tube exactly the right size to fit up the drain
tube, but it doesn't go all the way up- it seems to hit a join or something,
I think about 1" down from the air vent itself.

Has anyone got a picture of how the drain connects to the vents? Or has
anyone got any good ideas of how to stop the water leaking into the boot?

Thanks,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo