Re: [T3] Fuel Line Question...

 Jeremy wrote:
> There is a black
plastic/rubber collar around the mouth where the
gasoline goes in. It looks like it's there as a splash
guard but about half of it has deteriorated. Will this
be a difficult piece to find?<

Yes this part can be hard to find. If you look in the archives, you will find
that somebody used a modified toilet plunger to replace it.

>Also, while looking in the same area I noticed a
smaller fuel line that, at one point, connected to the
larger main fuel line. This smaller fuel line has
deteriorated to a point where it is no longer attached
to the main line.<

 This hose is for the fuel tank filler vent. If its as bad as you say it is,
then you need to replace it as soon as possible. You don't want to be driving
it in the rain as it will allow water into the fuel tank and the fuel system.
The hose is also really NLA, but there are a few ways to improvise it, and
somebody will certainly chime in with a way to do it cheaply. In the mean
time be careful turning left with a full tank of fuel as gas WILL leak out. I
hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban