Re: [T3] tranny woes

On 26 Dec 2002, at 12:56, Ken Simons wrote:

> I am having some problems with my tranny...well, I
> think the clutch and/or shift rod really...I lost
> reverse the other day, it had been acting up, so I
> adjusted the clutch cable.

It might be the coupling or the bushing, but if you can get it in, then
it is NOT the clutch cable or Bowden tube. It is quite likely the
reverse gear pinion inside the tranny. The teeth on these get worn
off from shifting too quickly with the clutch not fully disengaged.

The reverse gear is different from all the others in that it is the only
one which is NOT constant mesh, nor does it have synchros.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI USA