Re: [T3] Not quite there yet

Thanks to Dave and Ben for your suggestions.

I am still working on the assumption that I still just need to tweak the
carbs a bit more to get it going properly. I have been getting nearer and
nearer so there is no reason to assume that a bit more tweaking won't get me
there eventually. It is mostly taking a long time because I don't have that
much time to work on it, not because I have been working for weeks with no
result.

As far as I remember the needle valves are brand new. When I really get to
the point that I feel I have tried everything, then I will start taking the
carbs apart and looking for other problems. I'm not sure what "icing up"
means in a carb context.

I also think that putting the air cleaner on has put the existing adjustment
out of whack, necessitating a bit more tweaking. I have done some already
and improved it, but not cured the problem completely.

It does seem however that the dual carbs + automatic transmission
combination is not a particularly happy one, possibly particularly non-NOS
carbs with 35 year old tranny and old engine. The drop in RPM when you put
it in gear seems to make it particularly problematic to adjust the carbs,
and there is no advice on how to do this in the manuals.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34

> on 27/12/2002 11:59 PM, Daniel Baum at dbaum@isdn.net.il wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any ideas, other than trial and error until it works?
Personally