Re: [T3] Auto Transmission

More questions.  As you recall my car has no 3rd gear and the top speed is
only 45mph.  I did the tune up this past weekend and told you about the
stuck valve adjustment screw on #3 intake.  Ok, so my question is what could
be keeping the speed so slow?  The engine runs beautifully starts right up
and has good power from a stop, actually amazing amount of zip from stop
(better than my wife's civic).  But I still can only reach about 45mph.  Is
this the tranny binding and keeping the speed down? Is it the out of
adjustment #3 intake valve?  Any Ideas, I want to get to the heart of the
problem, tranny or engine?  As we discussed, before blaming the tranny, do
the tune up, but with the stuck adjustment screw, I don't know how each
issue effects the other.  Now, I know I don't want to go much faster than 45
in 2nd but I should be able to.

Thanks,
Jason
71 Square FI AT