[T3] Not quite there yet

Well, my car has once again proved to be a great cure for false pride.

It turns out that despite idling very well, and not conking out when I put
it in gear, it will conk out after driving any distance, and then taking my
foot off the gas to press the brake. This happens always after driving in
reverse, and usually, but not always, after driving forwards.

Anyone have any ideas, other than trial and error until it works? Personally
I suspect that the idle circuit is still fractionally too rich. Also, should
there be any difference between working with the air cleaner and without it?
All my tuning up to now has been without it, and it seems a bit different
(it seems to behave as if it is running slightly richer) since I put it
back. I have put new O-rings on the carbs, which seal very well.

Remember that my car has dual carbs and automatic transmission, a very
unusual combination, especially for US members.

Thanks,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34