Re: [T3] FREE FRONT SUSPENSION WITH...(bushing update)

On 24 Dec 2002 at 15:09, Martinez, Leon wrote:

> I have just greased my front suspension with that water/salt resistant
> boat trailer grease and also greased the rear bearings via the
> grease fittings I installed back there around a year ago

I like this idea, but you have to be careful. Bearings like this MUST have some
air space in them to clear the grease out of the way when they roll. If you
managed to pump them completely full of grease this would make them fail
prematurely. The churning will actually make them overheat.

See "The Machinery's Handbook" for a more complete discussion of this.