Re: [T3] Help...I think my valve is stuck?

On 24 Dec 2002 at 15:31, vwtype3 wrote:

> frozen, you may need a new adjusting screw or take the
> old one out and clean the threads good on it.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> How do I get the screw out without stripping and mangling it? Is it easier
> once I remove the rocker arm assy?

You may have to replace the rocker AND screw. I've always managed to get them
loose, but it would ALWAYS be possible to replace the pair. You would have to
remove the rocker assy, take it apart, replace what you wanted to, put it all
back together, and readjust the valves.