Re: [T3] Parts identification

On 23 Dec 2002 at 20:44, Ben Doughney wrote:

> on 23/12/2002 5:15 PM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:
>
> > The vac cans can be easily replaced. I stock replacements for several of them.
> > Usually all you need is the Bosch dist # or just the 3-digit # off the
> > actuating arm to get the right replacement.
>
> It didn't have a number on it. I do have a vacuum can on a beetle
> distributor that looks exactly the same, but that doesn't have a number
> either.

On late units I find that the number is stamped on both sides of the arm. Some
of the early units seem to have no number, while some of them are foolishly
stamped in small digits only on the underside of the arm.

> The part number on the beetle distributor was 111 905 205M, do you know if
> the can off that would fit on 311 905 205F?

I need the 10 digit Bosch # to do this.

> Also I checked what the other distributor was that I got in the box, it has
> Bosch number ZV/JU4R3 is this a type 3 one?

That's the old Bosch # series which I don't have any info on. The best # to
give me would be the 10-digit Bosch #. Most of these dists have 3 numbers on
them: Old Bosch, 10-digit Bosch, and VW (9-digit plus suffix.)

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org