Re: [T3] Bias plys

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

I also thought the J meant the safety profile. You can easily feel this bump from the outside. It's the bump that the tire bead has to pop over when you install it. Early rims don't have this at all,

This is correct, Jim. Since the rim has this bump, it will look like a J shape from the edge. This bump does in fact help the tire to stay seated. Still, it is possible to knock a tire off this bump, I've BTDT.

PerL
73 Variant L