Re: [T3] engine noise still a mystery

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 11:01, Garret Trask wrote:

> This bolt and clip is not described in my Bentley or John Muir manuals.  The
> way it is set up is that the head of the bolt is on the outside of the fan
> housing, and the other end sticks through, but the nut is missing.  I'm
> thinking I should just pick up a nut and put it on the inside of the fan
> housing with some lock-tite.  The only problem is, it looks like this would
> stick out towards the back of the fan.
>
> Do you know the proper way to secure this bolt?  Should the nut really be on
> the inside?

That bolt is a criticule <sp> length, and the nut was just a 1/2
thickness nut. This was to give it clearance with the back of the fan.
If you have a bench grinder, grasp the standard 6mm nut in a pair of
visegrips (tm) and grind away half of it. Also shorten the bolt an
equivelent amount.
Use 242 Locktite to reassemble.

--
Russ Wolfe