Re: [T3] Seat Covers

> Any advice or things I should be aware of?

This topic is covered frequently (I'd search the archives).  It's not hard,
but you do need to work slowly.  A few pointers:

-Take the originals off slowly and carefully.  Pry up the sharp tabs under
the seat frame just enough to get the covers off.  You don't want to break
them off.  Save the steel wire and other pieces from the old set.  The
buttons, too.  Don't throw anything away until you have the new covers
installed.  Put the new ones on just like the old ones were, using the sharp
tabs.  It helps to pick a sunny day for this.  Lay the new covers out to get
nice and pliable before you go to work.  You will have to stretch them good
and tight in order to make them fit like the originals.

Before putting your cushion material in (I re-used the horsehair stuff), add
a piece of carpet to keep the springs from poking into the cushion.  You can
also take this opportunity to add a bit more lumbar support.  Good luck-

Mark Fuhriman