Re: [T3] Bias plys

On 21 Dec 2002 at 8:26, Everett Barnes wrote:

> I recently found a set of original Continental 6.00x15 tires for sale.
> These are the correct original early Type 3 tires (AFAIK). I am considering
> buying them for my '63 Squareback, which I don't drive much.  I'm not sure
> how old they are (no date codes) but they have no cracking and appear to be
> in great shape.  They were originally from the Eastern US so they didn't see
> much sun.
>
> Would it be safe to run these tires?  They are tubeless.

If they look and feel good, I would be comfortable doing this. Early rims,
however are not suitable for tubeless tires. I believe the safety hump that
made this possible was introduced mid-year in 66. You can always put tubes in
tubeless tires, however.

Are they marked 4PR or 6PR? That is the ply rating. The squares came with 6PR
tires.

> Any guesses on value?

$20-40.