Re: [T3] Lowering the car

on 21/12/2002 9:07 AM, Earthman? at human@binauralaboratories.net wrote:

> Yeah, I meant the beam. Cool, good idea to install the prepped beam, thanks
> for your fast
> replies!! Now to print out pages from the various sites covering this
> procedure, grab my
> Bently and a cup of coffee and r-e-l-a-x.   :)

BTW, in case anyone is interested, when I raised the front end of my
Fastback up a few weeks ago, I took some measurements of the stock height
before I started to adjust it by inner splines as well.

The stock height according to where the car was set when I got it, measured
452 mm from the top of the shock absorber mounting bolt to the bottom of the
shock mounting stud, with the brake spindle off and the lower arm hanging in
the 'relaxed' position.

Lowered by one outer spline measured 430 mm, and I found that the car sits
level at 441 mm, which is what I set it to by adjusting by both inners &
outers.

Has anyone else done the same measurements before? It would be interesting
to compare, because when I got it, set at the 'stock' height it sat with the
front slightly higher than the back (about 1-1.5"), and I am not sure if
that is due to rear suspension sag, or a PO fiddling with it.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL