Re: [T3] I think I found the problem, sort of

> The OE
> Bosch coil is as good as any you
> can buy and will never fail.

A clarification/qualification: Jim is talking about the original black Bosch
coil that came in the car, not the popular Bosch "Blue Coil" that everyone
says you need.  These are not OE.  A couple of years ago I had a Mexican-made
blue coil fail on me on a rainy night as I approached a narrow 2-lane tunnel
on a major local Bay Area highway (glad it went out *before* the tunnel).  It
was less than a year old.  I dug up a rusty original black coil that was in
the trunk, and my ignition system has been fine ever since.

-Mark Fuhriman