Re: [T3] I think I found the problem, sort of

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 12:21, Earthman? wrote:
> > >WD-40 is very explosive(will burn), do not
> > >spray under the distrubtor cap or close to
> > >ir while running. Phil
>
> Plus, I think WD40 will leave a slight film, which after time (especially in the presence
> of high voltages) *may* gather a layer of 'dust' that *may* conduct electricity, creating
> cross firing, etc..  Example, the dirty mechanics trick of drawing a line with a graphite
> pencil between distributer cap contacts, after awhile it conducts spark, car runs like %
> $#@! = time for another tune up! = $$$

I have been using WD40 to clean and dry electronics for over 40 years. I
have never had and explosion or fire with it. The only time it is
explosive is while it is in vapor form while being sprayed from the can
under pressure.  It was orginally developed for the US Navy to dry
electronic equipment. The WD stands for (W)ater (D)isplacement. We used
it on board ship in the Navy to dry the engines out on our target drones
after they had been landed in the sea.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)