Re: [T3] engine noise still a mystery

What kind of puller do you like?

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Adney [mailto:jadney@vwtype3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:32 AM
To: Type 3 Mailing List
Subject: Re: [T3] engine noise still a mystery

On 18 Dec 2002 at 9:28, Garret Trask wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the input.  I have the fan shroud apart, but haven't yet
> pulled the fan, so I'll do that next (this weekend) and tell you what I
> find.

Remember that you must not remove the fan by prying on its outer edge. There

are 2 M8 x 1.25 threaded holes in the hub that you should attach a puller
to,
if it won't just pull off by hand. (The fan is never really very tight, but
almost always have to use the puller.)

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org