Re: [T3] body work... now what?

> So in that case I think I'll go out and get some
> of that POR15 stuff.

I think the wax and bitumen self-healing undercoating is better than just
putting an impenetrably hard coating and hoping nothing chips any off.  If you
do get a repair blistering there's a good chance it will lift off the hard
covering.  It depends on the sort of attack made on the underside, but if it's
salt and wet I'd feel better about something that was self-healing and could
tolerate a lot of movement between it and the substrate.

I've not used POR15 at all, let alone over a long period so I may be misjudging
it's effectiveness in this application.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/