Re: [T3] gen/VR trouble

On 17 Dec 2002 at 22:26, Brian wrote:

> would the fact that my VR got wet will running cause all this havok?  or
> can it survive?

There are certainly things that can be damaged (look underneath,) but most of
the time just water doesn't bother them. If they get wet and stay wet for a
long time corrosion will be a problem. If dirt and rust chips can pile up on
them that makes it a lot worse.

In general, though, I doubt if this is your problem. We'd really have to find
out what went wrong with your generator to be able to make a reasonable guess.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org