Re: [T3] Anatomy of a Rocker

>On 15 Dec 2002 at 22:44, Jeff Palmer wrote:
>
>> Don't laugh just yet but what about running ducts from the outlets
>> underneath the rear seats to tie in with the defroster vents?
>
>Actually, I've known people who have done just this. Using a flex duct inside
>the car avoids the loss of warm air that happens once the rockers/heater
>channels are rusted out.

I did this with an old rusted out super beetle that I drove in college.  I
just stuck a piece of rubber tubing in the rear seat outlet, stuffed some
insulation in the "y" section leading to the rocker to block it up and then
ran the hose under the eat and duct taped it to the windshield.  Worked
great for defrosting the windshield.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI AT Fasty (Jane - Darkside Project)
'66 Square (Sophy - Daily Driver)
About Half a Late Square (Organ Donor)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/notavwclub/