Re: [T3] engine mount

Still trying to help a friend get his 68 fasty on the road.  We've replaced
the clutch cable, bowden tube, t.o. bearing, p.p., disc; however, a problem
still persists.

We adjust the clutch and things go fine, however, after a few miles it
becomes harder and harder to get it into gear, things start grinding, and
it'll no longer go into the upper gears.

This is a later model I.R.S. engine in a swing-axle 68.  My question is,
does the absence of the mounting bracket located above the fan possibly
cause a problem?  Could this be causing some sort of alignment problem due
to the engine not being positioned correctly on the transmission shaft?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe