Re: [T3] Technical Data {was Converting Single MC to Dual MC)

> 32 lbs (force) = 1 slug x 32.2 ft/sec2 (acceleration of gravity)
>
> So that a slug is a mass which weighs 32 lbs in the earth's gravity.

Maybe...  but after my last posting I seem to recall that 1 poundal is the force
needed to accelerate a mass of 1 lb at 1ft/sec2.  So 32(ish) poundals is the
force to accelerate it at 'g', ie the weight of a 1 lb mass is 32 poundals.  I
thought 1 lbf was 32 poundals, but that was back in 1960 !

If people use the word 'lb' for a force and 'slug' for a mass, I'm definitely
going to stick with SI, which is what I needed to know for high school and
university, even if that means using metres and kilograms.  At least that way I
don't need 'stat-volts' (where 1 stat-volt = 300 ordinary ones!) and other
peculiar units like slugs.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/