Re: [T3] Stuck brake Pistonss

snip>  Wondering what is the best way to remove the pistons from their bores?  Car has sat for 20+ years so I'm rebuilding them.  Short of sending them off to Jim, what's the best way to remove them?  I'm tried compressed
air with no luck.  Should I soak the entire caliper in brake fluid??  Thanks.  Steve>>>

I'm not being negative towards anyone, but I was removing stuck pistons once and with 1 piston out we blocked the hole with a clamp and something(I don't remember what).  We applied compressed air to the caliper.  Nothing happened and just when I was going to give up, the piston came out.  It hit the opposite side of the caliper and then flew approx 25 feet and hit the tool box.  When we found it a huge piece of the piston was broken off.  Could have killed me or worse my friend.  No the PSI was not overkill, just average.  I have found when they sit that long they are junk(always full of rust!) and I could use the time somewhere else and I just buy new ones.  Brake fluid is a mess, why get it everywhere?
Just my .02 cents!
Mike in Tucson '62 notch just sitting with the brakes going to pot.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at http://isp.BlueLight.com