Re: [T3] Stuck brake Pistonss

On 15 Dec 2002 at 18:15, Westfalia wrote:

> Wondering what is the best way to remove the pistons from their bores?
> Car has sat for 20+ years so I'm rebuilding them.  Short of sending them
> off to Jim, what's the best way to remove them?  I'm tried compressed
> air with no luck.  Should I soak the entire caliper in brake fluid??

In this condition the only way you'll get them out will be to remove one at a
time by connecting the caliper to the brake line and pumping it out with the
MC. This will take a LOT of time and a LOT of brake fluid. You'll also need to
create some way to block the first one in there while you pump the secone one
out.

I don't have my jigging ready to do this in my basement yet.