Re: [T3] Jack stands

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 10:41, Daniel Baum wrote:
> > Daniel wrote:
> > >I see two possibilities: the first is a very sturdy metal bar that goes
> > >across the car just in front of the tranny. I have used this up to now
> for
> > >jacking the car up. The second possibility is just under the rear shock
> > >absorbers, which would probably allow me to lift the car higher.
> >
> >  Daniel, this is what I use for mine, this area is about the strongest
> area
> > on the car (especially for jacking/jack stands). Up front you can use the
> > front beam for jacking and or jack stands. I hope this helps.
>
> Sorry, it's not clear from your message which of the two options you mean,
> or do you mean you use both?

Yes, you can use both. I prefer the torsion bar housing when pulling
engines and such. If you put them by the shocks, that is a sprung part
of the suspension, and can possibly move.
I usually put the jack stands under the cast part at the outer part of
the torsion bar housing. This gives about the widest stance on the jack
stands.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)