Re: [T3] Carb tuning

<x-flowed>Daniel Baum wrote:

I am not quite sure which aspect of my problem is the same as yours. If you
mean  that it is hunting at idle, and you can't get the idle to go down
below 1400-1600 rpm without it conking out, then the problem is that the
idle circuit is too rich. I found that it is easy to make it too rich and it
is very sensitive to it. Is your '68 notch automatic?  Screw the volume
screws right in and then screw them out 1.5 turns. This should give you a
good starting point.

Ok, then we don't have the same problem. My car can be adjusted to a very nice idle at 900 rpm but after driving around for a while I get 1500 rpm idle instead. If I leave the car idling the engine returns to a lower idle after a few minutes. I have not investigated this more "scientific" and the winter means it won't be done in a few months.

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 and 1968 Notches