[T3] Jack stands

Hi all,

I've FINALLY got around to buying a pair of proper jackstands, so I can work
under the car properly. Up to now I have always used blocks under the
wheels, which is OK, unless the wheels need to be off the ground.

Anyway, the question is: where is a safe place to put the jackstands to
support the rear of the car (IRS)?

I see two possibilities: the first is a very sturdy metal bar that goes
across the car just in front of the tranny. I have used this up to now for
jacking the car up. The second possibility is just under the rear shock
absorbers, which would probably allow me to lift the car higher.

Thanks,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34