Re: [T3] Early window pop-outs, hinge rubber?

On 12 Dec 2002 at 20:44, Rob Carpenter wrote:

> Quite a few months ago I removed my pop-outs from my
> '63, I've been told there were possibly rubber seals
> on the hinges on the car itself. Although I had yet to
> see them, was told its quite possible due to age/
> brittleness, that they fell off into door post when I
> remove the windows.
>
> Has anyone any knowledge of these little rubber
> hinges?

These parts are injection molded plastic buffers which keep the "hinges" from
rattling. They are often crumbled and don't survive removal.

I make a passable replacement that I sell for $12 per set of 4, including
shipping.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org