[T3] A notchback im buying

I'm buying a notchback in a few days and I guess the car
was brought into United States through germany. It has a Washington state
issued VIN. Do European cars have VIN #s?? or Do the states issue them #'s
like this one?  Plus
it has a 67 pan with a VIN and its registered as a 64, so I'm kinda worried
that
when I change over the title I might have problems with the VIN on the pan.

Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated

Ken

69 Square
64 Notch(soon)