Re: [T3] Car wouldn't start question

> I thought I was being a good squareback owner and washing my car after
some winter
> snowfall (and street salting), but it backfired.  Such is life.

Do you spray under the fenders to get the salt off?  If so, you may have the
common problem with the filler pipe vent tube being cracked.  It's the
J-shaped tube under the front right fender by the filler pipe.

It would take a little while for any water that got into the tank to reach
the engine, so it would run for a while then stop or run roughly.

If you have an under hood filler, please ignore this!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------