Re: [T3] heater upgrade

On 10 Dec 2002 at 22:27, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Ok that sounds reasonable to me!  Are heater channels available?  I've never
> seen any but I may not be looking in the right place.  If not what are my
> options?

Not really. VW never sold such an item and once you look into that area you
will see that it consists of 5-8 different sheets of carefully stamped and
folded metal, all sandwiched together. The only place you're likely to find
replacements is off a rust free wreck, in which case it will usually be easier
to restore the wreck.

OTOH, you should probably make sure that you have all the parts of your heater
system installed. There are a number of external parts which commonly break or
fall off. Check out the exploded view in the Bentley. There MUST be FOUR air
hoses (2 large, 2 small) leading from the engine forward into the car. If any
of these are missing it will significantly reduce your heater airflow.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org