Re: [T3] '68 SQ w/ dual carbs questions

MartinG=> thought I'd start with a basic tune up and set the
=> valves and timing to stock values.  Does that sound like
=> a good starting point or will I need to use a different
=> distributor or ....?

Assuming it's functioning correctly, the stock '68 FI distributor is a good
one. It does require vacuum to function correctly, however, which your
Webers are probably not supplying. This will definitely make a difference in
low-end torque. I can't say that installing a mechanical-advance-only
distributor would be a whole lot of help, however, as they don't work very
well with these engines (this is, in effect, what you've probably got now).
The carbs could also easily be overfueling the engine, which would bog you
down as well.

Basic tune-up procedures is the right way to start, yes. Be advised that if
you've never been involved with dual carbs before, it's a tricky business,
made more so with nonstock carbs, and more complex (imho) than FI. I'm sure
that members with ICTs will be able to supply tuning tips once we know that
your valves are set right, etc.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Big Ghia