Re: [T3] Converting Single MC to Dual MC

On 10 Dec 2002 at 8:19, Steven Ayres wrote:

> I took a reservoir from a later Type 3, installed it on the rear wall
> of the front boot, and bent new 8mm feed lines to the MC. I think this
> is important because without it, any leak will empty your reservoir.
> This will leave you some reserve in the working line if you set it up
> as Jim recommended, but that seems a little iffy to me,> The MC itself
> is bolt-up.

I think the split line approach will be fine, as long as you stop and get the
brakes serviced at the first sign of trouble. There's no doubt that installing
a later split reservoir is a better option, however.

> Your old rock guard will no longer shield the MC.
>
> I made new lines for the front brakes just to be sure everything fit right, but
> you can probably get by with the existing lines.
>
> Replace all old flex hoses and switch to silicone fluid while you're at it.

I have good used: late reservoirs, front hard lines, and tandem MC shields,
too. My silicone FAQ is available on request.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org