Re: [T3] [T3]RE: Auto Transmission

On 10 Dec 2002 at 11:34, jason.smith@sarcom.com wrote:

> Good Question that was the first thing I asked. I haven't got a definite
> answer yet.  The car is 2 hours away so I can't go check myself.
> I am so tired of people not knowing even the slightest thing about our cars.
> I've wasted so much time trying to convince people that they are unique and need
> special things.  He just wants to try and replace the tranny, uugh!

I think your gut instincts are right. Why not see if you can just get them to
reduce the price and buy it "as is." Drive it home at 45 mph and take the time
to get to know the car. Once it is home you can probably figure out the problem
and fix it cheaply. If you need a new AT, then use the money you saved to get
one.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org