Re: [T3] heater upgrade

On 9 Dec 2002 at 20:44, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> I never understood why VW didn't put fans in their vehicles.  I also never
> understood why the gas heater in my 73 Type II Safari was in the back.  All
> my passengers would sit back there with the heater.
>
> How do all you guys in the northwest do it?  Don't your windshields fog up
> something fierce?  I get next to no air out of my defroster.  Or are my
> vents plugged up somehow?

It's not that they get plugged up. The heater channels in the rocker panels
just rust out and eventually things get to the point where all the warm air
leaks out before it gets to where WE want it to go.

Even if everything's working fine, it's still helpful to: close off the heat to
under the back seat (send it all to the front,) and open a vent window to let
the old air out.

> Jeff
> 69 notchback at
> north of north dakota