Re: [T3] torque converter

On 9 Dec 2002 at 11:12, Jim Adney wrote:

> Was this a 69? If so, there were early TCs which should be replaced anyway. How
> many cooling fins are there around the edge? The later ones have more. I can
> get the number tonight.

The number of cooling fins was changed from 8 to 24 in 1970. There was also a
bad run of the early style ECs which had welds that broke. Many of these were
replaced with the later style, so you are very likely to find good ones on any
year.

Any type 3 TC with 24 cooling fins, regardless of year, is likely to be a good
one.