Re: [T3] Brake confusion

Jim Adney wrote:

>  You CAN do
> it yourself if you are motivated and willing to perhaps do it over again if you
> make mistakes, but for most people I recommend that you pay me to do it. I made
> all those mistakes 30 years ago and learned from them then.

Jim,

Please don't take this the wrong way.  First I must say I would whole
hearted recommend your services to this list as I'm sure many others
would too.  That said, why don't you impart some more of that precious
knowledge to the list and let us in on those "mistakes" you've made
specifically about rebuilding calipers.  I'm sure there are many reasons
people would like to do their own work ranging from the "I need it done
today and not next week" to "I'd really like to do the job and gain the
experience instead of having someone else do it".

Lets face it rebuilding a caliper is not a difficult operation.  It does
take knowing the proper procedure and knowing what "mistakes" to avoid.
Help the list to learn which you do on a consistent and regular basis.
Teach a man to fish....ah well, you know the rest.

Thanks for all the help!

Steve