[T3] Brake confusion

Long story short: I think I've gotten more lame information from my local VW
shop.

"Caliper rebuild kits are not worth the time, because they almost never
work. You should just buy new calipers."

Sure I should.

Could this possibly be true or is my local merchant just trying for a quick
150 bucks?

My horsefeather sensors have been jangling ever since I left his store. I
get the feeling that he'd sell me a "can of honks" to fix my horn if I were
gullible enough.

av