Re: [T3] TS Badge

I suspect a little airbrushing. Funny they would only choose to retouch the
beak though. Doyle Dane Bernbach must not have had a '66 available for the
photo shoot when the ad was in production, which I'd guess was in early 1965.
It wonder what date the ad originally ran?

Anyway, the interesting thing is that VWoA originally sold the Squareback as
the "Squareback Sedan", probably reinforce the "outside the box" image that
DDB's advertising campaign had helped create for VW in the US, and also to
differentiate it from the "VW Station Wagon", which is what the microbus was
called here back then. If you think about it the name was a huge marketing
risk, but also pretty sophisticated by mid-60s advertising standards. I think
they dropped the "Sedan" part by 1968.

Scott
62 343, 65 361