Re: [T3] Everett...question

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 22:45, Everett Barnes wrote:
> > Can you take a photo of the back side of the accelerator pedal ?
> > I am trying to figure out how the throttle cable connects to the pedal ?
> > The cable has a loop on the end , not the familiar "dog-leg"
> >
> What Russ said...
>
> Here are some photographs:
> http://thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/1963t3/pedal_accelerator_cable.jpg
> http://thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/1963t3/accelerator_pedal.jpg
> http://thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/1963t3/accelerator_pedal_spring.jpg
> http://thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/1963t3/accelerator_pedal_spring2.jpg

It shows in the first picture, but not the others. There is a washer on
the 90 end of the rod. It definately goes between the rod and the pedal,
and not between the spring and the pedal. Without that washer, after a
little wear, the pedal can hang up.

BTW, I think Santa needs to bring Everette a shop vacuum to clean behind
the peddles. :=)

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)