Re: [T3] Fresh Air Hose--1965 Notch

Jim wrote:

>An aside about these: My 69 does not have one installed. I have several of the
>parts here, but every time I try to install one I find that the holes do not
>line up. It actually looks like there are some holes there which have never
>been used because they were in the wrong place but have just been covered in
>that silver grey VW tape. I wonder if this car actually got out of the factory
>without one. Seems pretty strange.

>I've avoided drilling new holes just because this would remove the
>evidence/proof of this oddity. Dave, did you notice this?

Jim,

Yeah, I have threaded holes that seem like something should go there. How was that cardboard thing attached that Scott talked about? Maybe for those? I will measure the distance between the two and how high up they are.

But everything I've see looks like '68 was the first year for that black plastic block-off thingy.