Re: [T3] Fresh Air Hose--1965 Notch

On 4 Dec 2002 at 21:58, Scott Taylor wrote:

> >>Also is there some type of block off plastic piece that hides the
> drainage hoses?<<
>
> In 1965 that would have been a gray molded cardboard thing. Most of them
> have probably disintegrated by now, or were never replaced after being
> removed for hose clearing.

The later one was black plastic. What was the first year for that? Would it fit
in place of the grey cardboard one?

An aside about these: My 69 does not have one installed. I have several of the
parts here, but every time I try to install one I find that the holes do not
line up. It actually looks like there are some holes there which have never
been used because they were in the wrong place but have just been covered in
that silver grey VW tape. I wonder if this car actually got out of the factory
without one. Seems pretty strange.

I've avoided drilling new holes just because this would remove the
evidence/proof of this oddity. Dave, did you notice this?
--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org