Re: [T3] Fresh Air Hose--1965 Notch

On 4 Dec 2002 at 17:33, David Hornback wrote:

> Anyone (Jim), Know the specifics on the fresh air hose that runs
> behind the glove box. In terms of length and diameter. And can an orig.
> be found? Can someone explain how these hoses are supposed to work? Is
> it just for fresh air/defrost?

I suspect you are talking about a heater/defrost hose that feeds the center
outlet; there should be one coming in from each side. I'd have to check, but if
this is the same as later models, I have good used parts.

Very early cars had a hose that came up from the tunnel to something there, but
I've never actually seen one of those.

> Also is there some type of block off plastic piece that hides the
> drainage hoses?

There was, at least by 68. I'm not so sure about earlier. I have some of the 68-
70 ones. If yours came with this, there will be 2 holes in the firewall to
screw it on.