Re: [T3] got a screw loose

On 3 Dec 2002 at 17:08, Fiesta Cranberry wrote:

> well, looks like I need a new tail pipe.  I took a good look with a
> flashlight, and ended up pulling it right off the muffler.  It's
> rusted thru in 2 spots (the tailpipe), and it doesn't really seem to be
> the right model for the car.  It is not 2 pieces, ie, a tail pipe and a
> damper pipe, but just one piece with 2 bends going directly into the
> muffler.

You may just have the late version that was originally supplied in 72-3. It
fits earlier cars if you use both the muffler and the tailpipe. This late
tailpipe is in a single piece.

If it looks like it is official, then that's what it probably is. If it looks
like it is just a piece of pipe, bent up to fit, then a muffler shop can
probably make you another one just like it.

In the meantime, watch the swap meets for good type 3 mufflers.